Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review of 'Kasadya (Hellhound Awakened)' by Karen Swart

Book Blurb from Amazon:

In a constant battle between good and evil, evil is dominating the battle field and leading mankind to its destruction. With our Creator's intervention a creature destined to concur and destroy is created. He gives mankind hellhounds to fight back and reclaim freedom.

Join seventeen year old Kasadya Levourne as she fights against evil to protect us. With each step she faces destruction, and yet she has the talent to give it back tenfold. Stubborn and hardheaded she makes her mark in the fallen world and starts a battle none can escape. Not even her trainer, the very attractive Chax de Luca, was prepared for her presence.

Will evil prevail? Or will Kas and her fallen friends succeed in protecting us against it?

Hold on to your seats, this is going to be one hell of a ride.

**My thoughts**

I usually love books that are published by the Anchor Group, and purchased this one during one of their sales. I bumped it up on my TBR list when my book club decided to read it. 

Honestly, demons are not usually my thing, but I found myself engrossed in this story once it got going. Kasadya has a lot to learn about being a hellhound - all of her powers, how to fight, and whom to trust in this new world. She makes some mistakes along the way that can be very costly, but is a fun kick-ass heroine. The book is action-packed and ends in a cliffhanger!

The writing as far as the storytelling got better and better as the book continued. My biggest complaint is a problem with grammatical mistakes throughout the book. Sometimes they detracted from the story, though I tried hard to overlook them for the story itself. I love the story and want to read the next book for that reason.

Buy links: Amazon \ Barnes & Noble \ Smashwords 

No comments:

Post a Comment